Monday, March 08, 2010

YES, A COD CONTEST!

Everyone's having contests on their blog. Why not have one myself, I thought. So here we go. A spot-the-pun contest.

Was chatting with a friend when this happened. You might need to be Tam (or thereabouts) to get this. Spot the pun!

Friend: Thanks for generally being around, ok va
Deepak: You're welcome, ok di #didyouspotanepicpunhere

Do leave answers in the comments. Oh. And what do you win? Eternal love. I don't have free books to give out yet (for that, go here). And you can raid my music collection whenever you want.

Update: Abhishek Chopra is the winner. Congratulations, Abhishek! You win a free trip to wherever you are right now!

15 comments:

Abhishek Chopra said...

CAT sections :?

Deepak Gopalakrishnan said...

Fuck, you actually got it.
va and di are Tam slang for 'yaar' (masculine and feminine respectively).

And, as you rightly pointed out, they are also CAT sections.

Congratulations, Abhishek! You win... Well, I have nothing to give :P

Abhishek Chopra said...

Thank you! :)

I want this to my prize - a recommendation from you for a PMP and a pair of earphones as soon as I get a BSchool admit :D

Deepak Gopalakrishnan said...

Cowon S9, Klipsch Image S4 ;)

PS: 'va' is apparently not masculine... But generally 'teekh hai' types. Just got the correction from aforestated fraand.

Abhishek Chopra said...

I knew about the "di" part only - used as shortened form of "didi" or elder sister in MP.

milcom_ said...

Couldn't spot the pun, but I spotted a #gesTypo on the last line. "I don't have free books to give ouT yet."

Shiva said...

Chuck it should have been like this...

Friend: ok va (va in tamil means come)

so Chuck = ok po ( po = go) :P

Cow-Herd said...

CAT sections?

Cow-Herd said...

gah no one gets tam here or what? #TAMfail

Abhishek Chopra said...

Couldn't reply to your DM on Twitter since you do not follow me. Thanks for putting up my name. :)

vishesh said...

so I gained some absolutely useless yet worthy info.

Kavity said...

Thought 'da' was the Tam equivalent of the masculine 'yaar'.. what is this 'va' thingy?

Deepak Gopalakrishnan said...

@milcom_: Thank you! The error has been rectified!

@Shiva: Too much analysis :P

@CowHerd: #TAMfail is what Star Plus must have been saying after Colors beat them :P

@Vishesh: Always at your service, sire!

@Kavity: 'va' is also something like 'da' only.

Ramaa said...

Okay, I have to step in. Va is 'come' in Tam. Va da = Come, dude. Di = feminine version of da.

Deepak Gopalakrishnan said...

Wah! Wah!